Ten Things I Know to Be True:
1. I have tried to die more times than I’d like to admit.
2. I think there is a reason why I keep failing. (I really hope there is a reason why I keep failing.)
3. I think maybe it’s not because I’m bad at dying, but because I’m really good at surviving.
4. Opening my veins did nothing to let the sadness out of me.
5. Being physically empty did not make me feel any less emotionally empty.
6. Deciding to get better was the hardest decision I’ve ever made.
7. Deciding to get sick again was the easiest.
8. I am not a soldier in this illness. I do not have to die for my cause.
9. I have shaky hands and weak knees, but that does not mean I am not strong.
10. I am not worthless.Casey Shanahan (via grillfriend)
(Source: stardustfaery, via queenofvalium)
A compass tattoo can have great personal meaning to the person wearing one. In some cases, the design is a reminder to focus on the future, and leave the past rest where it belongs. This can mean moving forward after a rocky relationship, leaving an addiction behind or just generally getting a fresh start in life.
I destroyed my body for a peace of mind I never got.Unknown (via m-i-l-a)
(Source: october-tenth, via iwontburythepast)